To personally decorate your own room, you should start from your basic idea, dream, hope, or anything else that is derived from your taste and style. Even though using the help of a professional interior designer is always suggested, it is not something that you can’t do yourself. Especially when budget constraint is a consideration. These are the tips to do just that
- Odd numbers for accessories. Good for balance, the middle point between two equal sides.
- Adjust decoration to your life style. If you move a lot, be sure to be practical by choosing neutral furniture for they will easily blend with many kind of settings.
- Use paint to minimize any drawback and emphasize any appeal. For example, bright colors tend to give a sense of wider space, while darker color tend to smooth the feel of the room.
- Put drawing/picture level to the eye. This will make the picture/drawing more enjoyable and in harmony with the surrounding furniture.
- Wallpaper is good, so adjust it to your room. Use bright, soft texture for smaller room. While darker background fits larger room better.
Read the rest of this entry →